We are bespoke folk of 93 Walgrove Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 2DP, UK (‘bespoke folk’);
Definitions and interpretation
Data or Personal information are collectively all information that you submit to bespoke folk via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR);
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
bespoke folk, (‘we’) or (‘us’) is who we are and we run and own the Site ;
UK Cookie Law the Data Protection Act 2018
‘User’ or ‘you’ any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by bespoke folk and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to bespoke folk and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website (‘Site’) that you are currently using, https:// bespokefolk.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Personal information collected
When you order from us, we will ask you for certain information, which includes personal Data listed below:
- Username (if you are a registered user);
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Billing address and delivery address;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Payment method.
How we collect personal information:
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us. Either when you complete User Registration; buy items on our Site; subscribe to a newsletter or email list; enter a contest; fill out a survey or send us a communication.
Any information you hand over to us reaches us fully encrypted through SSL technology. Refer to section Security and storage of personal information for further details.
Our use of your personal information
- For purposes of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), bespoke folk is the “data controller”.
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Site, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with products described on the Site;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to our Site;
- responding to communication, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Site and products e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and products we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- improving our products;
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products which we feel may interest you.
- to quickly process the Users transactions;
- to ask for ratings and reviews of services or products; and
- to follow up with the User after correspondence.
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
- We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: marketing and analytics services which are located in the UK and the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the UK, Europe and the US; subscription management services which are located in Canada and the US; payment processing services which are located in the UK and the US; identification verification services located in the UK and the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- We are based in the UK so your data will be processed in the UK and the US. Some of the recipients we have described in section 9 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside of the UK in places like Canada and the US. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How long we keep your personal information
Security and storage of personal information
- Data security is of great importance to bespoke folk and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. Our website hosting company uses ModSecurity (web application firewall) and cpHulk (application to protect brute force login attempts) plus other security measures.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- Our website is real-time monitored and scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- The current SSL certificate can be viewed on any page of our website by clicking on the SSL logo at the bottom of the page or by clicking on the padlock in the URL search bar.
- All transactions are processed through a secure 3rd party gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers nor are any of your financial information shared with us. We currently use Paypal and Stripe for processing payments.
Links to other websites
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of and accessing your personal information
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account.
- You have the right to make a request to access personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data.
- You can also close the account you have with us at any time.
- To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by bespoke folk (where such Data is held).
- To ensure that we only give your information out to you and not someone else, you will need to provide us with two current forms of identification. Once we receive your written request, any clarifications, identification we will respond within forty calendar days.
Right To Be Forgotten
You have the Right To Be Forgotten meaning you can request for erasure of your personal Data, either verbally or written, which is held by bespoke folk. We will delete your Data securely. Contact details can be found at the end of this policy.
- We would like to use your data to inform you about our products and, if applicable, to ask you about them. We may inform you via email or newsletter. Of course, participation in such activities is voluntary. If you do not wish to take part, you can notify us at any time so that we can exclude your data accordingly. You can find further information at the end of this policy.
- You can contact us via the email that is listed in the ‘Contact Us’ section below to request what data we have stored.
- We will endeavour to reply via email to your request within 5 working days.
- Our website can be used to subscribe to newsletters. The data provided during the newsletter registration will be used only for the purposes of sending out the newsletter. You can cancel the subscription at any time by using the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter or by contacting us via our website contact form or via the listed email in the newsletter.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie – Functionality cookies
Purpose – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
This website uses the following cookies:
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Unsubscribe from receiving future emails or newsletters, email us at:
93 Walgrove Road
Derbyshire S40 2DP